Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Four Agreements
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:33 am 

I recently reread the Four Agreements, and I must say it was a nice refresher. So often, it is difficult to gauge where we are, or how we are doing, but this book reminded me that if I follow these four guidelines, then I'm pretty much doing okay. So, I would just like to take a moment in honor of the new year and repost the Four Agreements:

BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORD: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

DON'T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY: Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions of others, you won't be victim of needless suffering.

DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS: Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings , sadness and drama.

ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST: Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstances, simply do your best and you will avoid self-judgment, self- abuse, and regret.

smiles,

Post subject: Re: The Four Agreements
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:22 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Thanks, Pip. It's always good to review the Agreements. There is so much there that is really useful for everybody, whether they have BPD or are totally healthy.