Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Things really do come aruond again...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:52 pm 

I have always had some issues with "the Higher Power" thing due to some bad experiences in my youth. I have no problem accepting that something Greater than man created this world that we live in but I have trouble believing that that Greater being would care about the choices I make or put things out there for me.

But this Four Agreements thing is back again. I say again because at another difficult crossroads in my life that book landed in my hands and I read it and it made sense to me and I tried to incorporate into my life. That was about 6 or 7 years ago. But like so many of us BPD we do not have the bet stick to it-ness and the Four Agreements lost their meaning and became empty words and then most of them forgotten words.

So now... I recently am introduced to the concept that I have BPD. And once again the Four Agreements are here in front of me. And I can see how they will help me in this recovery.

It is odd how many things that since being hospitalized have come across my path that have helped me in this difficult and confusing journey. Even a Yoga book was full of so many things that will help me on he journey. My Husband, my children, my siblings, even friends that I never knew felt I was their friend and are here for me.

It makes it harder to question that Higher Power and my importance to that power... It makes it easier to have faith. There are too many coincidences for there not to some greater force at work. I have some work to do in this area. I am told that it is important to my recovery because I can not do it alone and I can not rely on other people because people are fallible.

How often does just the thing that you need to hear, see, read or get exposed to present itself at just the right time to get you through that moment, that hour or that day?

Lately for me... it is all the time. Am I paying more attention and getting it? Or is it that I need it now and it is being provided for me?

“The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Post subject: Re: Things really do come aruond again...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:07 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Trying_to_get_it wrote:
Am I paying more attention and getting it? Or is it that I need it now and it is being provided for me?

I've always been of the belief that we're all like the clueless people running around in the movies. The movies where it's just soooooooo freakin' obvious to everyone except the main character who bumbles around, gets into a sticky situation, risks a lot and then finally realizes what we (in the audience) realized a long time ago - the answer is right there! It's just that we don't see it or understand it or accept it as the answer until we're good and ready.

Lest you think I'm trying to burst your Higher Power bubble (which I'm really not), I offer this:

Quote:
For example, a man heard that his neighborhood was flooding due to a heavy rain storm. He got down on his knees and prayed to God: “Dear God, save me from the coming flood!” The waters began to rise and a truck came by and the driver said, “Get in and I’ll drive you to higher ground.” The man said no, God would save him. The waters continued to rise. A woman in a boat rowed by. She called, “Jump into the boat and I will row you to safety.” The man said no, God would save him. The floodwaters continued to rise. The man was perched on the roof of his house. A helicopter flew by and let down a rope for the man to grab onto. “I will fly you to safety,” yelled the pilot. “No.” the man said, “I am waiting for God to save me.” The man drowned. He got to the heaven hopping mad. “What are you doing here?” God asked. The man said, “God! I am mad at you! I asked you to save me from the flood and you did not!” God smiled and said, “I sent you a truck, a boat and helicopter? How much more saving did you need?”

The help is there all the time - it's just a matter of when we're ready to reach out and grab hold of it.

Glad to see you here, Trying!

Post subject: Re: Things really do come aruond again...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:50 pm 

I have come to believe that what I need I will find when I open my eyes and allow things in without judgement of what they are or where they come from. Just whether they bring me positive things to my life or negative ones.

One thing I have begun to notice about inner healing is the more positive, love directional messages I open myself to the more at one I become within myself. That to me is what the four agreements bring me.

I believe that "meaningful coincidences" lead me in good directions. To me it's being open enough, slowing down enough to see them! Perhaps the answers are always there, but perhaps also they only come when we can see the questions that need answering, for and of ourselves.

Tracy formerly known as bogit