Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 5 steps on this issue
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:08 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

thought i would write this down to get it better in my mind.

1. HALT. i am angry. not tired, not hungry or not lonely. aner is a secondary emotion pointing to a deeper feeling. what is this pointing to?

2. what is the problem? i am triggered by a event. i feel angry because i feel the event is wrong and im on the receiving end of it. it is wrong because it isnt who i am, it is biased, and it is judgemental and not helpful. i feel i am being blamed for anothers feelings. we all choose our feelings. i hate injustice. why does this cause anger in me?

3. 3 courses of action----
a. fight back.
b. ignore
c. delve into my feelings and work on healing them

4. what is best for now? c. a wont help, and it is a child response. i cant change another. b is just not workable, as my feelings have nowhere to go and only grow in intensity as it wont work on the issue itself. i need to do c, as its my problem on how i feel and why.

5. do it. yep, i must do it.

Post subject: Re: 5 steps on this issue
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:18 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

btw, i dont want any cheerleading or such. support is nice but at the moment i dont trust it.

(something about a bunch of board people with pom poms and little skirts just seems hilarious to me but thats another thread)

i just want to use this thread to work out my shit. i cant control anyone posting, but i wanted others to know what i expect from this and why im doing it. i will be back to this later.

i find i have lost my trust in everyone, which is twisted thinking and must go in another part.

Post subject: Re: 5 steps on this issue
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:12 pm 

That is a great process of elimination! I think if you (or anyone) comes across situations such as that developing - and following - a plan like that will be very beneficial. The million dollar question: will you be able to halt and delve into your feelings in the future? Sometimes people can get so caught up in their emotions and the situation that they lose track of things.