Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Im new, and a mess
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:38 am 

I just found this site. Im glad its hear. I am walking around like " all is good " but its not. I am angry all the time and sometimes dont know why. I am living with my x because I cant keep a job and he is just the biggest trigger for me that could ever be. Now Im afraid my 7 yr old son is developing some of my traits of bpd. OH NO. Im falling apart, and all alone. How do I begin this process of learning to live, not just exist?

Post subject: Re: Im new, and a mess
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:27 pm 

Welcome trbdlsoul.....

I think you've found the right site! It is a process to feeling better....but it can be done! The first step is opening up and choosing to make a change. Now that you've done that......maybe start to think about the most important change you must make first. What do you think that is?

Post subject: Re: Im new, and a mess
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:55 pm 

Hi trbldsoul, welcome; I think you will find this site most helpful in your search for recovery. As skiotter said, the first step is to commit to making the needed changes in yourself. Since you can't change your ex, you can focus on changing your actions and reactions. Some of the tools are listed on the left hand side of the forum. I would recommend starting with the four agreements, I found them to be most helpful.
Regarding your son, my understanding is that no diagnosis can be made in young children, but if he is exhibiting troubling behaviors, the sooner you arrange for professional assistance and intervention, the better. Perhaps his school can help.
Welcome to the road to recovery. Hang in there and post what & when you need to.