Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 am 

Hello,
I felt so happy to read your post. You are an inspiration.

You had some serious shit thrown at you thats for sure...but you found strength to fight and fight again.

I am glad the therapy worked for you....I did counselling of different types including DBT and still use much of what i learned.

It is a journey and sometimes i get setbacks. But you have built a bedrock of strength that will hold you when times get rough which inevitably they do for everyone in life.

I am so happy that you have gotten a real kickstart in your life.

Dont be afraid of any setbacks because from now you will have a strength you didnt have before to recover again.

You are right the forum has got very quiet....I havent been around much myself....its good to hear your story...it cheered me up.

Go girl!!.....and take care of yourself

Post subject: Re: reply
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:31 am 

Thank you so much, Smithan!

Your post made me feel so humbled and warm all over. It's rare that I'm called an inspiration, but the further along I get in my recovery, the easier it is to accept those kinds of comments.

I've found so many inspiring people on this forum and it occurs to me that they probably don't realize they're an inspiration either.

I am a huge believer in DBT! The techniques are so helpful and I feel like with those behind me, I have the awareness and control to deal with difficult situations. My stress levels have decreased significantly, and that is a huge step for me!

I'm really starting to feel like my life is beginning for the first time. I have felt held back by an invisible force and now I know it was me, and my attachment to my past. I'm so excited and scared and optimistic about the next part of my life. I feel very free :) I worry sometimes, what if I tricked myself into thinking I was better but honestly, the change in me is enormous and there's no faking that.

I hope people start using the forum a bit more, it's such a lifeline and an incredible support network. I felt so isolated when I was first diagnosed, and a simple google search led me here. It's such a safe space and I'm so glad I found it when I did.

Reading your post made me feel really encouraged. It's so nice to hear from someone who is going through the same journey and admits to setbacks like I do. Thanks for replying :)