Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Weight loss
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:14 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I've been working out and trying to eat better. I've been gradually losing weight. Well, I had a BIG sign that I'd lost a good amount of weight... my wedding ring is too big on me! Luckily, the place where we bought it resizes for free. I guess I have to give myself more credit for the work I'm doing to get physically healthy.

Post subject: Re: Weight loss
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:48 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Location: Reality ~ It's a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there!
Good for you! I need to get myself motivated to lose the excess weight. Unfortunately I had to take my ring off due to excessive water retention this week. My joints get so swollen at times that I can hardly bend my fingers and my knees get stiff so that all the swelling on top of the extra weight has me feeling twice my size! I have a gym membership, which I purchased to lose weight by November (thinking I was going to find a way to pay for a trip to Hawaii to compete, which I can't so I won't be going after all), but I have not been home enough to use it this summer. Once I have more time, I am going to have to make up for lost time so I can shed the weight without a specific target date. I thought I would lose weight working at camp this summer but my job is not as physically demanding as I need in order to compensate for all the food I am eating as part of my employment compensation.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:07 pm 

Congrats on the weight loss. It's a nice feeling when one drops a dress size or ring size. You're post has sparked me to think about getting back onto my own weight-loss program. I lost 13kg in the last 3 months of last year, but lost track over Christmas and when the weight loss started to slow down. I have however only re-gained 3 of the 13kg in spite of falling off the track. I could easily afford to lose a further 20kg or so.

SO maybe you can give me a few pointers? The last few pounds are the hardest right? How do you manage to stay on track and stay motivated, even when the results are slow?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:19 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

It's tough to stay motivated. What got to me was working on the elliptical and watching how high the calories burnt off went. It was something I could see and I knew that burning 250 kcals in 30 minutes is EXCELLENT for me. The other thing I do is give myself a couple of free "bad" meals a week, usually on the weekend. Keeps me from craving too much.

And as for dress size, I went from a 12 to a 10, maybe even an 8 at this point. A freaking 8! That's the goal. Once I'm there and am stable, I'll truly celebrate. :)

And actually, the fewer pounds you have to lose, the harder it is. I was only looking to lose 15 pounds and it has taken forever. I've lost about 9 pounds so I'm more than half way there! :)