Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Positivity
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:14 am 
Community Member
Community Member

I know I posted something similar on this topic on "In the Couch" but I wanted to share my success here with anyone who might be interested! My T is on vacation. The last time I saw him was on July 22nd. Today is August 1st and it's been almost 2 weeks since that appointment. I had been worried that I would miss him so much and what if I had a crisis, etc. etc.

But everything so far has gone great! Not only have I not been missing him terribly, but I've been busy and have had some successes in my personal life! I even had major gum surgery which has involved a lot of pain, but I have not panicked and had not had to call him!

This proves that I CAN stand on my own two feet if I have to. My H has been here to support me during this difficult time of the surgery and subsequent pain. Every day has involved some different activity, which makes me feel good. I gave a presentation this week to a group of people from an insurance company and I even surprised myself at how well I did!

As much as I depend on my T for support, I see now that if pinch comes to shove, I can manage. It all depends on me - how much I am willing to take care of myself. This has been a real challenge for me and I seem to have risen to that challenge. I feel really good about myself! I just wanted to share that it can be done. Whee!!!!

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

Post subject: Re: Positivity
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:19 am 

It sure can be done! Way to go BG. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:21 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Thanks Amanda. I sure surprised myself. I am feeling so much positive energy flowing inside of me lately. I don't know where it's coming from. But I'm really glad it's there!

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:15 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

It's a good feeling to know that you don't have to rely on your therapist all of the time, isn't it? You had the skills already, but you needed this "test" to know that you can succeed. You should be very proud of yourself!!