Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Happy Fourth of July!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:34 am 

Happy Fourth Everybody!

Go out and do something fun, even if you have to force yourself to!

Post subject: Re: Happy Fourth of July!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:43 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

The same to you!

Like many holidays, I've frequently had trouble with this one, knowing that there are so many families who are getting together for barbecues or whatever, doing things together and having fun, and I don't get to do that. But it's gotten a bit easier over time, and this year I'm going to a friend's place this morning to watch the local parade (which isn't much of anything, but still) and have a Bloody Mary or two. I'll be by myself tonight, but I'll survive, as always. It's just another day, and some are good and some not so good, but I'm OK one way or another.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:50 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Happy fourth! I have to work, but I'm getting paid 2.5 times my normal pay and I'm hoping it's going to be quiet as a lot of people will be engaged in outside stuff. So, all in all, not too bad of a day.

BTW, {{{Sari}}}.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:06 pm 

Good for you Trinity!!!

Sari....I'm alone today too....actually all weekend. I'm feeling fine about it though. I try to keep in mind that there are millions of people out there who have it much worse than I do today.....and that in fact I'm lucky. I know that you're a lucky one too....well because you have computer access!!!!! My intent is to let you know that you are connected to the greater world today even if it feels like you aren't.

I'm thinking of watching a movie tonight. One thing that would be fun would be to watch the same movie.....and then just "chat" about it. If you want....let me know.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the day! A friend of mine reminded me yesterday that today is just another day.....and everyday that the sun comes up and it isn't rainy is a day to celebrate, lately!!

:woohoo