Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sharing my happiness!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:20 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

So I started a new job back in February. Customer service stuff. I thought I was going to be awful at it. My anxiety was through the roof. All par for the course when I take a new job. I never have belief in myself. Well, I've felt much better over the past few months. I actually feel (relatively) competent! I know I can't be perfect and I'll make mistakes I'll learn from. BUT this email was sent out today to all my co-workers by the big manager.

Quote:
Just had a most delightful experience with one of your customer service people in XXXX. (that used to be an oxymoron until XXXX got smart!)

Her name is Trinity (XXX) and she was sooooo helpful in assisting me to enter the 21st xxxxx century. She not only straightened out someone else's error (more on that anon), but answered all my technical questions knowledgeably, guided me through the choices, and in the end, saved me money!

Contrast that with my experience with XXXXXXXX. He was the contact given to residents of XXX XXXX who wanted to upgrade their service at a special rate for XX. When I finally reached him Thursday AM, (his voice mail was overwhelmed by calls, apparently), I asked him if that upgrade included (certain items). He said no, you need to get (another level of service). I said "great, I just got a mailing with a $9.99 one year price, let's do it." He took down all the information, explained the installation fee and made an appointment for installation for today, 9/12/09, between 2p and 5 p. He called back a few hours later (apparently finding my home number on his caller ID),sounding confused. When I asked him to check my appointment, he said "Oh, yes, I see it". I asked him to hold on, called customer service and talked with K. (another super person xxxxxx), who couldn't see anything on the computer about my service appointment. I told that to XXXX and he said the way he schedules it, it doesn't appear on the computer until later. And so I believed him.

Enter Trinity, the problem solver. What a contrast. Here's someone who could handle the sales end of our conversation better than XXXX the contractor AND get the service scheduled right on top of that.

Trinity and K. deserve medals

G.

Woo hoo!!!!! :)

Post subject: Re: Sharing my happiness!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:07 am 

How wonderfully empowering Trinity! :elephant It seems like it was extra special that the big boss not only sent the kudos directly to you but conveyed the dialogue involving the use of your excellent skills and competence to all of your co-workers. Yea!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:30 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Awesome blossom! How long have you been doing the job if you don't mind my asking? It usually takes me about 3-6 mos to feel comfortable in the role to the point where I can excel at things. Until then, I feel like a complete failure and utterly frustrated across the board. It sounds like you've crossed that threshhold.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:48 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm really happy for you Trinity!

What a perfect example where your fear(s) did not match up to the reality. Good work!

:hobbes :hobbes :hobbes

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra