Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I can accept..
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:04 am 

I was working on some of my cheerleading statements for this online DBT group I’m in, and thought that it would be beneficial to right some of them down on here, mostly because I’m in need of some cheerleading statements right now.

I have a right to take care of myself. It is no one else’s job. I am an adult, and even though I feel like a child sometimes, that does not change the fact that I am an adult. I am capable of meeting my needs.

I can accept that my head doesn't always tell me the truth. I can accept that I often jump to conclusions and think in black and white terms. I am working on that.

I can accept people for who they are. I can let go of people. I can let go of relationships. It may not feel good, but it is necessary if I am to feel any peace at all.

I don't have to manipulate people. I can let them be who they are. I don't have to force my agenda on anyone. I can live my life and let them live their's.

I am worth being friends with. I am lovable. People enjoy being around me because I'm funny and kind. If so and so doesn't see it, it doesn't make it any less true.

I do not have to give explanations for why I do what I do. If I’m feeling anxious, I don’t have to stay in a situation longer than I want to.

No one can read my mind. If I want something from them, it is my job to let them know.

I can feel good about myself, whether or not someone else does. I can be happy, even if there are conflicts in my life.

It is me who allows people to upset me.

If I am feeling triggered, I have the right to do what I need to do to take care of myself. I also do not have to explain myself to anyone.

I am a good person, despite the things I struggle with. I am lovable, despite the things I struggle with. I really am doing the best that I can.

Post subject: Re: I can accept..
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:38 pm 

Wow these are great statements! Thanks for sharing!