Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Triggers As Oppurtunities
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:28 pm 

My self esteem has increased a lot lately due to a lot of prayer and life coaching. I have been using my triggers as an opportunity for personal growth. Most of my personal growth lately has been in the area of having healthy boundaries and self care. When someone says or does something that is not okay with me rather than stewing in my juices and being resentful I speak up. I am also learning not to feel obliged to engage toxic people in order to appear nice. I am also doing nice things for myself instead of giving until it hurts. These are huge strides for me because people pleasing used to be a way of life for me. Now I will do nice things for people if I want to not out of a sense of obligation. Feeling invalidated is a huge trigger for me. I have begun to take it a lot less personally and realize that no one can really understand where I am coming from unless I communicate it clearly.

Post subject: Re: Triggers As Oppurtunities
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:38 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

yay for you :)

Post subject: Re: Triggers As Oppurtunities
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:42 am 

Congrats and YAY for you! It shows a lot of strength to be able to grow through the triggers. I'm impressed!