Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coming home~
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:17 pm 

I've been in inpatient treatment at hospital for two weeks today. (That's why I've been really inactive here, sorry!)

My discharge date has been set to Monday! This has been my second hospitalization in one month. My goal is that when I come out this time, it will be my last time in inpatient treatment.

So... to the point, I'm just wondering if there are any good suggestions of things I can do at home to keep from relapsing right away. What things should I stay away from? What things can I do to remind myself to use my DBT skills, or what things could I do to reward myself when I handle something well, or when I complete a task?

Post subject: Re: Coming home~
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:59 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Was there anything in particular that participated your hospitalization? Come in here often...let us know how you're feeling, when you need extra support.

I'm so glad you're home now. chance to start anew.

dagwood

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:42 am 

Welcome back! It's great to see you!

I just got out of the hospital, myself, last night. For me, I plan to do some goal setting and schedule making to keep myself on track. Regardless of how I do from week to week, I plan to treat myself to something once a week just for getting by!

Luna

"I'm loved. I can't forget that or take it for granted. I'm going to be here and be taking advantage of every resource that I can find in Brampton. I WILL heal. The pain will subside. I have a future full of possibilities. I just have to fight tooth and nail to make it there."

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:17 pm 

That sounds like a really good idea, Lunachick!
I'm glad that you've got out of hospital too. For some reason, I feel like when I'm discharged I appreciate a lot of little things like sunshine, and freedom to open doors and windows a lot more than I did before going IP! I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea of treating yourself at least once during the week! I can already think of quite a few things I could do when I'm discharged tomorrow.

Thanks, Dagwood!
I think the big reason that I was actually hospitalized this time was that I was really close to completing my goal of terminating my existence on earth, and the voices were just pounding in my head. I was just in a really horrible spot, and I couldn't really stay safe at home. Thank you so much, though, I really love this place, (though I don't post as often as I could) and I'll definitely keep posting here.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:08 am 
Community Member
Community Member

((((((((Rawiyah))))))),

Well....I'm so glad that is one "goal" that you did NOT complete!!

dagwood

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:23 pm 

How do you feel about being an inpatient? Honestly, I have had enough bad experiences with it that sometimes thinking about how much I hate being inpatient and how difficult it is to successfully terminate oneself is enough to sway me from hurting myself.

Plus, I think that Luna's idea of goals and a once-a-week treat is a great idea. If there is something small, healthy, and inexpensive that is a treat to you (such as a cup of tea, bath, lighting a candle, etc.) then I would try to do one of those things every day. :)

Also, I'm glad you're still with us.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:03 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Rawiyah
Welcome home :)
As to your question of what you should do, I would say keep yourself occupied. Find something that will keep you occupied. Volunteer work, a part time job, whatever it is that will keep you occupied.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:33 am 

Thank you so much, Dagwood!
(((((((dagwood)))))))

Mask, I think each time I've been IP, it's been sort of the same feelings all around. I don't think it's a godawful experience, but it's not pleasant at all either. I guess sometimes I really try to remember how much I hate the experiences sometimes, but that alone never really seems to keep me out of the hospital. I do think that hopefully, this will have been my last inpatient treatment. :)

Thanks, meremortal.
I have been doing my best to keep myself occupied since I've been discharged. So far I think I've been doing pretty good, and I'm going back to DBT next week, so that should help a lot.