Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coping for me
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:42 am 

Everybody here has a hard time with their emotions, I've found that it helps me to pick a color for that feeling. If it's a negative feeling try and make it a pretty color, like sad to most is blue or black, make it turquoise, or metallic grey. Sure it still falls in with those identifying colors but, you focus on a color picking issue and it makes you happier thinking of a pretty color. Another one I really love is music that fits your mood, I know that everybody does this at least. Especially in the car because, you get to sing a long and nobody can hear and for some reason you always sound better in the car. I hope these help, it helps me when I'm in a mood.

Post subject: Re: Coping for me
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:45 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

M.G.

thanks for sharing :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:02 am 

No prob, do you have a technique? I am open to trying new stuff, especially when it comes down to depression and killer road rage. LOL!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:45 am 

Road rage eh?

Lol now you know what country im from.

Ok i had road rage and can still be inclined..i have to always remember to not take it personally. That split second before you rage you need to make a different choice. You dont know whats going on with other drivers, did thier mom just die,,are they lost in life,,are they just stupid,,,whatever they are that caused them to make a mistake,,,thats what i use,,,then i can feel compassion instead of rage.

That being said,,,i live in a small place now. I am much happier not having to face intense traffic. So you may live somewhere that i would never even consider driving in. I find cities impossible to live in. The sensory overload makes it unbearable. So i have made adjustements.

Krokus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:39 pm 

That is a good take on it, but, you know how it goes when it just takes over. You go under and there's nothing that can help you but, yourself. I am looking forward to living in a calmer area someday. But, for now, I just sit and scream at ppl that can't even hear me. LOL! Then when you get over it you think "Why did I do that?". Oh well, only human huh? Next time I will try and keep that thought in mind though, thank you for that, never even had a thought for it before.