Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I made a decision and told my t
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:10 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

I left a message for my t today that I wanted to have a definite ending to my regular sessions, and that I wanted to end positively. I suggested 2 or 3 more sessions to go over what I have gained from therapy and to tie things up. I didn't ask for a call back; I just wanted her to know that I made a decision. Of course, since I can see her "as needed", this does not have to be a final ending, but it will help me move forward and see that I can be independent if I want to. I feel like my decision comes from Wise Mind, and that is surely positive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:57 pm 

You are sounding quite positive and motivated.. Congrats, Wondering !

I'm glad these steps you are taking are feeling comfortable. Great !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:49 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Good work Wondering! It really does sound like you're in Wise Mind. You've done a lot of hard work and it seems to have paid off! Congratulations!!! :thumbsup

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:14 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

I have written a summary/list of my progress in therapy over the last 4+ years. It looks pretty good on paper. Then I made a list of the issues I still have to work on, and my progress in those areas as well. The lists overlap, since I'm still a WIP (work in progress). I also wrote a few questions that I want to ask my t. All in all, I am ready to talk about my positive growth, and how I can work on my own with the challenges I still have.

My session is in 2 weeks, and I am not feeling needy. That's also a positive. I happened to see my t in a crowd of people today, and did not feel a compulsion to go over to her. She didn't see me. It was nice to know she's alive and well, and to know that we live in the same community, but that's all.

I cried a lot before and during the time I made my decision to end my regular sessions in a few months, but I think I'm in a better place now. I think that seeing my t for my session will trigger the needy feelings again, and I will be sad, but that's why it's best for me to have a definite ending to therapy. I can grieve and hopefully, move on with my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:18 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

That sounds wonderful, Wondering! I'm glad you're taking these positive steps. I'm sure you'll have your ups and downs, but all-in-all you know what you need and what to do. I give you a lot of credit. You've done a lot of hard work and it's paying off now. You seem much more confident and sure of yourself. Congratulations! :thumbsup

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:58 am 

Quote:
I cried a lot before and during the time I made my decision to end my regular sessions in a few months, but I think I'm in a better place now. I think that seeing my t for my session will trigger the needy feelings again, and I will be sad, but that's why it's best for me to have a definite ending to therapy. I can grieve and hopefully, move on with my life.
I'm sorry you have been sad. I'm sure it is a mixture of good and bad feelings. You sound really good Wondering. It's a loss and it will certainly hurt when you do end. But you know you are ready too.