Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good from bad!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:10 am 

Boy I have had a hell of a day!

Got a letter about a past foe of mine, to tell me he had been resentenced to prison, for breaching the conditions of his bail. I had the biggest reaction, to it that I have had in so long, I had the biggest flash back in a long, time, and a very big panic attack. Completely knocked me, found it very difficult to reground myself after.

So now I am I am remembering to be very thankful for what I have. Coming with very deep acceptance that I am a very ok. hey a meteorite landed in my town last night. wow a big wake up for me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:28 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Like literally a meteorite? Not just a metaphorical one? Cool!

I probably would have had a reaction as well - not to the going back to prison part but the part about hearing he'd been out on the loose. That would've freaked me out big time. Good job on finding the positives and regrounding yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:54 am 

Yes it was very close by, somewhere my children often are at 4 am in the morning. I didn't find out until my daughter came home with a letter today explaining why there is a big hole. Completely freaked in a way by how close it was to people and how much more damage it could have caused had it landed a few feet the wrong way. But yes it have given me lots of me thankful for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:55 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Bogit - so glad you and your kids are okay! How scary that must have been! Also glad your adversary is back in prison - that must be a relief for you!

((((Bogit))))

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:56 am 

sorry my kids aren't usually there at 4am.

I meant to say had it been later in the day, could have been a disaster. It happened at 4am thankfully the poor police officer that saw it tho!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:59 am 

I had not seen the relief in knowing that this morning BG funny how things trigger and you forget to read the positive spin. Yes had I thought like that this morning I may have handled it better possibly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:03 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Don't beat yourself up for the way you reacted. As a mother, I probably would have had the same reaction. We want to know that our kids are safe. Who would ever think of such a thing happening?

When I lived in Orlando, they had a lot of sink holes. One opened up and a swimming pool and Jaguar (car) fell into it. It became a tourist attraction. They put a big fence up around it and people came and drew pictures on the wall. People came from miles around to see it. The poor guy who owned the Jaguar hired a helicoptor to try to get it out of the hole. I dont' think he was succesful. But it was a big deal back then. Luckily, no one got hurt.

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)