Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i managed to call my mother
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:52 pm 

first time in 8 months! i was absolutely terrified that she would shout at me for being a terrible daughter, but she didn't. because i'm not!

yes there were times it was stressful - for example i feel i talk too much about myself. but that's ok, i'm working on talking about myself less because i only do it because i feel that if i don't, the other person will think i'm boring.
i am not a selfish arrogant person, i just get nervous at times.

and there were times when i felt like she thought what i was talking about was stupid or that i had bad ideas about things. but i can't expect her to approve of every aspect of my life - there are things i don't like so much in her life, but it doesn't make me think any less of her as a person.

i know i don't post here often, but it has helped me so much to read posts here. i like that it's focused so much on recovery (yeah, the clue's in the title!) and i read a lot of stuff on here. i honestly think it's one of the main reasons i feel ready to start work again.

so yay all around!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:30 pm 

Congrats for you!

I have an awkward relationship with my mother, so it is hard for me to talk to her, and I go a while without speaking with her sometimes. Sometimes I feel like you- and think that my mom thinks what I'm talking about is stupid. But maybe that's just my BPD! (probably)

I'm proud of you though. You're making great strides and you should treat yourself! Have a big chocolate chip cookie or something! ;)

-VG