Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Job stuff...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:31 am 

I keep trying to remind myself that my current job situation is not permanent.
I am trying to sit with my feelings of anger and frustration and not ACT on them, because what I really want to do is go straight into the daytime office and tell them all where they can shove this position.
I keep trying to tell myself that the feeling of relief and triumph would soon wear off and I would be left to deal with the ramifications of telling off and walking out of an employer.

On the bright side, hating my current job only serves to make me work even harder in school because the last thing I want is to be stuck working for these people for the long-term.

So thank you, **** **** **** corporation.
Thank you for being MY motivation to stay in school!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:07 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Lauren, I feel your pain on the job front. I've spent considerable time and energy despising my job. You're doing great with the reasons why you wouldn't / shouldn't tell them off & storm out in a huff!

Do you have any distraction techniques on a short list to help you get through the roughest patches?

I have a sign in my cube that reads:
Quote:
Remember, every problem is an opportunity.

You have the opportunity to rise above.

You have the opportunity to gently and cordially remind people of information they need to succeed.

You have the opportunity to triumph in a difficult situation.

Sometimes I gloss right over it and the message doesn't even register but other times I really find it helpful. Just because I want to scream and throttle someone for making my life more difficult, in the grand scheme of things, that's what I'm here for - my life gets difficult so I can make theirs easier. That's what they pay me for. *sigh*

How close are you to graduating?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:42 am 

I have about 18 months before I graduate (sighs).

actually, I found another job and quit my old one.

Yesterday was my first day on the new job, and I am scared. My nerves are soooo bad.

Its a serving job at a pub.....I have never served before and I am nervous as hell! plus, I already get "catty" vibes from some of the girls that work there. some of them were real nice to me though.

I have a real issue with girls.....in "my eyes" there are two kinds of girls: guys girls and girls girls. I am a guys girl....I have always had more guy friends than girl friends. If I DO get along well with a girl, she is a guys girl too. girls girls are bad news and I don't get along with them. They are jealous, catty, and two faced. some of the girls at my new job seem like girls girls.

I am also scared that the other employees are going to get frustrated and be mean to me bc I don't know what I am doing. I am the kind of person that it may take a minute for me to catch on to something, but once I do I am great at it. I am afraid the other employees are gonna think I am stupid bc I don't know what I am doing.

plus I am really, really nervous that my school performance will suffer due to this new job. I don't do too well with change. I had my own little routine and now its all screwed up.

I feel so helpless.....