Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: YAY!
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:45 pm 

For the past couple days since I have found this website I have been working on the five steps & the four amendments. It is going great so far I think. I have had you know the one or two things there and there but atleast its not the normal 5-10 things or more! I am hoping this will last; and I can keep up with it because sometimes you try to do something and its good for a few days and then it goes back to normal. I am doing my journals; righting how I am feelings throughout the day; and writing down when I get mad; angry; sad etc & what happen, and how I solved it or could solve it. I also started keeping my house clean; you know always do the dishes when I make them so that I am not stressed out about that.

For instance; this morning felt semi-stressed and rushing because I felt I didnt have enough time to make my lunch and my breakfast and get out the house in time. Solution: Wake up earlier or make my lunch the night before/or half of it the night before :]

I am so happy I have found this website; I finally spoke to my mom who I believe has this same disorder and talked to her about it when I move back home from college I hope she will go to therapy because I want to see her happy especially not be like this around my little brother and sister.

I feel so happy I LOVELOVE this website :]

I do know the last time I had a temper tantrum, or anxiety attack was only 3/4 days ago. But thats 3/4 days! Imagine when I dont have them anymore. I know practice makes perfect. I also am working on my self image & confidence and my OCD. I wish I could give someone a humungis HUG and just squeeze them. I am also so happy I figured out was what wrong with me. I would always say "what the heck is wrong with me? why do I act like this" and after I put two and two together with my pass and then all this I am amazed like I am like "OH MY..this is why i do this and that"

Haha sorry for the longness!

Post subject: Re: YAY!
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:52 pm 

This is great. the new awareness is something ain't it:-) good for you.

I empathize with your feelings as I too felt a major change in my life from discovering and using the techniques. that said, I at times over idealize or expect too much, it is a part of our inner child which has taken over, so I advise you to understand and act like in a way that expects it to be a slow and hard process, and the results will be slow, and you are not "a new person overnight". if you are, then at any day you can revert overnight. this is how we were living back and forth; we want something else. we want the patient determination and realism that comes with understanding life in a more mature way, a way that we choose. again this is all from my experience and if you are already doing that then great.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 am 

Yeah, I totally understand that no one can change overnight or just STOP and then never do that something again. I believe it takes time and practice. I just love how I have a little more answers now :]

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:18 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you! Like anything else, it takes practice but the first step is always just learning what needs to be practiced. ;)