Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: yay me!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:41 pm 

i can't find the 3 good things that happened to me today thread, but here are some that i have for today...

i found out this morning that i have lost another 2 pounds at the gym! i love my cycling class! i have been lifting weights twice a week too, and am finally noticing results! all my pants are falling off of me! that is a grand total of 13.5 pounds lost since i started exercising two months ago! i have gone from a size 12 to a size 8!!! 15 more pounds to go till my goal, and i will be rewarding myself with a shopping spree and a wardrobe makeover!

:)

today i got a compliment from a coworker who i never talk to about my weight and how nice i look today! it turns out she is taking a spin class too! we had a nice chat in the cafeteria about it! i feel really good about this because i never really talk to anyone at work!

and finally, i am noticing that posting here in this forum helps me to feel very good about myself for some reason. sharing my thoughts with everyone has been very cathartic and i am in a pretty good mood today because of this.

thank you!

:D

erin

anais nin

Post subject: Re: yay me!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:46 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Woohoo! Go you!

P.S. the weight work will help the mostest.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:01 pm 

it does help sometimes, but i don't know... today i feel so depressed. i am trying to be positive...

my three things for today...i got to wear my new contacts today so i can see without my stupid glasses... uhm... i got a compliment about my eyes and how pretty they are from a female coworker. and... it's friday! pretty pathetic list there...

was inspired by otspknwmn and i think i will try to use an affirmation this weekend. i will start with just one... i can enjoy and appreciate the little things in life.

i can enjoy and appreciate the little things in life...

i'll try.

erin

anais nin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:39 pm 

Doesn't seem like a bad idea, the three affirmations. I am newly diagnosed high functioning BPD from a partner (my husband), yet to see a therapist.
One of my main challenges has always been keeping a positive outlook on things. I am always shocked and surprised when things are calm and normal for others. Is this common and part of BPD? Does the affirmations help on a practical level?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:30 pm 

You're doing great. As someone who can't get her weight to budge let me say, I'm very proud of you.