Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just Being
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:00 pm 

My T has me 'just being' and practicing mindfulness again because of all the chaos that happens in my life. he says we haven't been able to do any real therapy work in a long time. Its been hard to do, but i have done it!

for example: I have been carrying my family on my cell phone bill for over 3 years. I pay most of it. i just found out that our health insurance was canceled and so now i have to pay really big copays for mental health and medical services. we arent' going to be able to afford food each month, and the day I found out, i was in total panic mode.

Then I was able to 'just be' and worked out a good budget. I needed to know that my T would get paid and he needed to know this as well. then my H and I and a friend went and spent a few hours at a water park because it was so hot and humid. I was able to just relax and let things go. then I got home and because I was 'just being' all day, some things came to me and I finally got the guts to call all my family on my cell phone plan and told them what happened and asked if they would consider getting the bill in their name each. much to my surprise and my T's surprise too, they all are doing it! my sister was able to get her service ready to be transferred for tomorrow!

so I was able to see first hand how this hard hard work paid off! I am working now but only can work 14 hours a week. one of my clients that I help out at home, was in the hospital all week for surgery and so i have not worked this week. no pay for it. but I was able to put a lot of time into my me for a change! And for the frist time, I told my T in an email today that i loved myself today! Just gotta take it one hour by hour or day by day. I'm so proud of myself!

Roo

Post subject: Re: Just Being
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:41 am 

That's fantastic. I'm proud of you too! :)

Post subject: Re: Just Being
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:54 am 
Community Member
Community Member

((Roo))