Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: hi hi
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:08 pm 

I'm Duckie and I've been battling with BPD for most of my life. I was diagnosed with it earlier this year after being observed for about a year. I just turned 23 and my disorder is flaring up again. I've also been diagnosed with Dysthymia which is a type of long lasting depression.

I have a wonderful kitty cat who goes by the name Lucifer Nimbus and a boyfriend and I love them very much. I have a family which thinks I'm a freak because I have mental problems and I'm looking for some support since I've never had any all my life. I just hope that this site can help me on my way to recovery. I currently use the DBT workbook but my progress is slow because I'm having a hard time mastering the first few chapters. I just get so massively angry or desperately sad and sometimes it's hard to distract myself the way it tells me to.

Anywho... I'm sorry if I said too much or too little. I'm just not feeling too well at the moment. It's almost my bedtime.

ciao,
Duckie

Post subject: Re: hi hi
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:41 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hiya, Duckie! :welcome

I think you'll find some decent support around here. I know several folks are involved with DBT which is a specialized form of CBT, which is what the focus around here is. There are some great Tools (see over on the left) that can augment your DBT work. I like to think they're written in an easy-to-understand format. I know how difficult it can be to trudge through technical mumbo-jumbo so hopefully the stuff you'll find around here will work for you.

Make yourself at home, wander around, jump in wherever you'd like.