Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: REALLY STRUGGLING
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:40 pm 

Not sure if this is the right area to post this...but I have to do something. Last couple days have been EXTREMELY rough. I just feel so emotionally out of sink, with myself, with the world, heck, with life in general. Nobody in my house seems to understand, or care for that matter that I really can't help at the moment how i react to things. Instead of trying to understand and trying to be supportive, I get talked down to, and basically treated like the dirt they walk on. I know the most logical answer is to move. But, unfortunately, right now, finances prohibit that. So, I'm just trying to learn how to cope with all the garbage. To make things even more interesting to try to deal with, my uncle passed away over the weekend....and nobody honestly seems to give two craps about that. I don't know which end is up anymore. I just feel really lost and alone.

I hope this was the right place to post this, if not I apologize. I hope somebody here understands how i feel, and can maybe offer some suggestions on how to deal.

thanks

Post subject: Re: REALLY STRUGGLING
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:02 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think all of us have been through tough times like you describe.

I think most of us have found that while there are no quick fixes, we can change the way we look at the world if we work at it patiently. There are a number of tools in the "Tools" box at left; perhaps you could start there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:54 am 

Thanks,

Like I said, I wasn't sure what category to post this under and I wasn't even really sure where to look. I know it's not an uncommon struggle that I"m dealing with right now, just at the time when I posted that, I was so overwhelmed I really didn't know which end was up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:18 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

On the front page of the forum section (top right button gets you there) they give a little description of each section. That may help you know where to post better. But don't worry, you're new and not expected to navigate right off the bat perfectly!

I hope things are better for you now. I'm sorry for your loss with your Uncle.

Harmonium

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra