Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:12 am 

Hi there,

I have had a rough few months. I am on disability for bipolar and have been for about 15 years.

I had my all of my teeth pulled out a few months ago and have been struggling with communication with others. I have been getting easily offended by people interrupting me, feeling that what I say means nothing.

This has lead to some serious introspection and I`m feeling quite vulnerable now.

I see my therapist today, I have been so involved with fooling others that I have been fooling myself. I feel that I have to be honest with myself now and I'm scared- I see these BPD traits in my personality and I`m mad at myself. I almost feel as if I can never really own up to myself and get brutally honest.

thanks,
dd

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:23 am 

There are a few things (well, many) that I feel I need to tell my therapist and I`m scared to because of how I feel he will view me. I`m a self abuser, always have been. This is the first time I`ve ever admitted it outside of my own head.

Please, anyone that has the same trouble pls talk to me if you have struggled to get honest with your therapist.

thanks,
dd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:12 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hi DD, welcome to BPDR. Hopefully communication will be easier on-screen for you here than you've recently been experiencing in real life.

Being honest with yourself and your therapist is a good first step.

:welcome

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:51 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Hi DD. I can relate to having your teeth pulled. I had my 2 front teeth pulled this summer. I'm supposed to have implants, but one of them got badly infected, so I have to wait longer. It's been very difficult for me, so I can emphathize with you!

I can also understand about being reticent to speak honestly with your T. It's hard, but that's what they are there for. They do not judge us - they help us overcome our difficulties. Your T will not truly be able to help you unless you open up to him. Of course, it's a process and you don't have to do it all at once. It takes a lot of time. But once you start, and you see that you can trust him, it will become easier.

I wish you luck!!!!

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:27 pm 

Thanks much.

Things went well and I spoke with him very honestly. I told him thiings I have never shared before with anyone. I have been seeing him for maybe 5 years or more but was I was still deluding myself and showing him what I thought he wanted to see.

I didnt want today to be similar to a "come to Jesus meeting" as they say and it was not. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

thanks agian,
dd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:30 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

That's great!!!!! The more comfortable you are opening up to him, the easier it will get!!!

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)