Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Not BPD...but close!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:30 pm 

Hi! My name is Kelli and I am new to the forum. I have never been officially diagnosed as BPD, but many of the indicators are there. (For example, I fit at least 6 of the DSM criteria). Anyway, regardless of whether or not I have a diagnosis, I have struggled since I was a teenager with many of the traits, and it has made my life a living hell as a result. I suffer from Major Depression and in the last few months, my borderline traits have become unbearable. (I have been in therapy off and on for several years, and recently started again. It was this time around that my therapist and myself started recognizing that, although my depression has been significant in my life, I also have a lot of BPD behaviors and traits that are making my recovery from the depression/anxiety more difficult). I have a lot of questions on how to cope with certain things and how to learn to modify specific behaviors, and I will address those elsewhere in the forum. I wanted to introduce myself here and let you all know that I appreciate that you are here and would welcome any support and advice you can give me.

Post subject: Re: Not BPD...but close!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:13 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Hi. Glad you're here!

:welcome

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

Post subject: Re: Not BPD...but close!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:08 pm 

Welcome aboard! I'm quite new myself, and just started a program to learn to how behave and think differently, but have found this site so absolutely wonderful! Everyone I've talked to is a wealth of information, if only just because they can relate what I'm going through. It's nice to have a place to even just vent about the stupid things we do, the bad ways we react, and the good things we are getting to and achieve in our recovery. The greatest thing I find about this site, is that I can speak freely about the things I do that embarrass me, the guilt I cause myself and others, and my fall backs without worrying about judgment. Typically I just get awesome objective opinions, lots of insight, and a lot of kind words to encourage me again (we are all guilty of discouraging ourselves to the max at times!). If there's anything you need, you know where to find us!!! Check out the tools links on the left hand side. Someone suggested that to me and I've found it most helpful. Good luck on the road to recovery (now that you know what you're dealing with doll!) and very nice to meet ya! :)