Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: introducing myself
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:02 pm 

Hi my name is Nicole.I'm 33 from Michigan.I have Severe depression and borderline personality disorder.I attended dbt for 2 years until it got too repetitive.I feel I have come far in my recovery but Borderline always seems to rear it's head especially with my family around the holidays, and I also attend a psychosocial rehab clubhouse for my depression and have contact with many people some with borderline diagnoses and their issues seem to become my issues so I am looking for support from this board for my recovery. I tend to just freeze up in a conflict and either get intensely angry and say things I regret later or just start crying uncontrollably in a conflict. I am working to change this. I am reading the book stop walking on eggshells now, and am hoping to figure out my behaviors and how to change. Thank you for this wonderful group

Nicole

Post subject: Re: introducing myself
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:33 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Welcome Nicole! I too suffer from depression and BPD. I've had this most of my life. I also have learned DBT skills. I need to use them more than I do, but I am learning. I'm glad you're here - it's a good place to talk to others with BPD and figure things out!

Happy Holidays!

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:17 pm 

Thanks for the welcome and the reply's by the way where is a good place to talk about family issues? I have a situation I need help with related to my dad and stepmom but don't know where to post I don't want to make a mistake.thanks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:12 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Put it under "Season Passes" - that's where we talk about relationships.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:31 pm 

I will you have been such a wonderful support thank you

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:44 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

I'm glad I could help you. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:05 pm 

Hi there and welcome! Sorry didn't get to ya sooner, it's been busy time of year, and not a great one this time around. Just wanted to say, I feel you girl! I deal with my anger the exact same way and have been really struggling at this time of year to deal with things the healthy way. Thanks for sharing the name of the book you are reading as I think I'm going to pick it up. Another good one is called Neural pathways. Amazing book on changing behaviour and what goes on in the brain chemically when we over react and how to change it. It also tells you about why it's so easy to repeat the same behaviours, worth a read if you like. If ever you need to bounce ideas, experiences, or even thoughts of someone, I'm here, as are we all. If you have anymore good book ideas, I'd love to hear them. I'm a bookworm (or so I'm becoming) and very much value and resources to aid in my recovery.

I'm 27, was diagnosed for eight years with bipolar, and recently three months ago was diagnosed with BPD (which really explains so much). I am in a daily treatment program, but often times still struggle so much with all of what comes with the BPD. Lately I am particularly discouraged about the hope of recovery, but know in time the feeling will pass, like all things. Hugs and welcome aboard!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:15 am 

Thanks for the reply.Yes my anger seems to be getting in the way a lot lately.It doesn't help that I began that time of month lol and my mood swings always seem to get worse.I learned a good lesson though, I was very angry because a new ipod didn't work and instead of losing it with my anger(well after losing it with my anger!!) I began to really mindfully focus on just fixing it and it works now!! It was pretty interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:09 pm 

My anger gets particularly bad at that time of the month as well. Nice to know it's not just me!!! When we ground ourselves we really are so much more productive and resourceful. It's often hard to see that though when we are struggling with the emotions, and deep in a depression. Things get easier, or so I'm told. lol