Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i am here and new
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:23 pm 

hello, i honestly hate doing this introduction things as i never really know what to say about myself. i guess that's one thing i'm looking to change about myself. it'd be nice to be able to list a bunch of positive fact about me when introducing myself to new people.

right now, however, all i can say is that i'm a nineteen year old girl with borderline personality disorder. you can call me razo - a name given to me by someone in one of my other forum communities. erm, i was diagnosed at the age of eighteen, so i've trying to wrap my head around this for a year now with no luck. i'm looking for change in my life and i place where i can talk to people who just might be able to understand me.

that's about it. i really do hope i can fit in here...

- razo

Post subject: Re: i am here and new
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:30 am 

no welcomes for me?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:06 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Razo, I'm Harmonium.

I appreciate the fact that when you didn't receive the welcome you expected, you asked for it. So....

:welcome

However, I do see where you did get a response from another thread you began, so that does show that you are not being ignored or anything. People get busy, and sometimes posts get overlooked--it's not personal.

In any case, I'm glad to see that you are here and willing to work towards understanding and healing this disorder. This is a great place to do so, but requires participation on your part. There is a great Tools section to your left that can help you understand some of the twisted thinking that goes along with this disorder as well as some ways to untwist. There are also other helpful tools in that section.

I do hope that you continue to post and I sincerely welcome you to this forum! :D

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:33 pm 

thank you for the welcome. it's just that i saw others who recently joined being welcomed and not myself.
then i made the assumption that no one was interesting in stopping by to say hello.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:22 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you had the chance to look at the four agreements yet? If not, it might be helpful to you to do so. There are many tools in that box (your upper left screen) that will be helpful to you.

I can certainly understand why you would have come to that conclusion. However, at least for me, the reason I didn't respond initially had nothing to do with not wishing you a 'welcome'--I just missed the post.

Anyway, I'm glad you're here and hope you will continue to post. I wish you well on your recovery journey! :D

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:11 pm 

Quote "i saw others who recently joined being welcomed and not myself.
then i made the assumption that no one was interesting in stopping by to say hello."

So many people feel this way when they first hop aboard this forum. There's the first thing you can feel not alone in. This site is full of lots of insight, and lots of great people who can relate if nothing else. Welcome aboard and hope you find some reprieve through the people you'll meet on here, and the tools the site itself offers. Remember this is a new year, so let's all make some new coping skills. Good luck in your recovery, and don't worry, you don't have to wrap your head around bpd, just accept it and start learning to cope with what you can when you can.

Peace and love!