Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to this
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:15 pm 

I am new to this. I don't really know what to say except I need a new way of thinking. I feel most of the time as if I am in a great mood and my husband will tell me other wise. I am just to the point where I don't know what to do next. I am seeing a Dr. and a therapist but it seems as though none of the meds are working and therapy has just begun for me. In today's world we are all looking for a quick fix. I know this is not one of those things that will not be a quick fix and I don't want to loose everything, including my husband, because of my inability to be "normal". Whatever that is. I mean is anyone really normal? I am sorry if this seems all over the place, I just need support. My husband has been doing research since my diagnoses and seems to think that I will follow what all the forums say. I want to yell at him for him to understand that I am not a forum. I am my own person and I am not a book to read! I am not even sure if this post makes sense to myself let alone to anyone else.

Post subject: Re: New to this
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:36 pm 

welcome you make sense to me. you are an individual and want to be treated as such. i agree me too.keep coming back.in the tool list it has a couple of things about thinking. maybe check those out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:11 am 

Welcome, feelinglost.

It can be difficult when we think the people close to us don't understand us, especially when we are feeling so bad and confused and we need support. Perhaps your H is trying his best to understand by using the books and forums. He doesn't have your diagnoses and cannot truly know what you're going through. But it sounds as if he's trying.

It also sounds as if you are trying hard, too. That's a great attitude to have, even if you don't feel so good right now. There are many tools here that can help you get better, to help change ways of thinking that are not healthy for us. You might want to browse through those tools (at the left side of the page) to see if there's anything there that's interesting to you.

Again, welcome, and it's good to meet you!
Marni/oceanheart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:58 pm 

Welcome. I hope you find good resources here.

And remember, you aren't your diagnosis. You're still YOU... and now, you have more information and power to help you become healthier and happier over time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:59 am 

Oceanheart,

Oh I do understand that he is trying the only way he knows how to understand me! I get that. But, when we are in an argument, one of the things he says is "You are going to do _____ next because that is what all the forums say". You know, I just want him to know that just because I have BPD doesn't mean that I am not my own person! I get so frustrated with this that I don't know what to say to him. I feel that sometimes when we are arguing that I can't hold my own because I don't know what to say. It is like my brain stops working and I take on everyone else's beleifs and not my own. I hope that makes sense. But, I have never tryed to say that or type that before.

I have actually checked out these tools on the left side, and they are great! I hope to be able to put them to use!

Thanks again!