Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello - newbie here!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:30 am 

Hello everyone. I've been wanting to join a bpd forum for sometime now as I'm desparate to share my feelings with other sufferers and gain information on how I can help myself. I'm 30 years old (female from London, UK) and have been suffering since my teens - I've been in and out of the doctors and the NHS mental health place so many times these past few years and despite them saying that I have a personality disorder they've told me there's nothing else they can do (that's my GP anyway!) I'm going back now and going to be totally honest with them.....

I'm struggling with my friendships, work and my marriage is suffering - my husband is very supportive but everything is taking it's toll.

Anyways, just in case anyone thinks I'm especially odd, in anticipation of me frequenting this board on a regular basis, I have registered twice with the same user name (plus a digit) so I can use this at work and at home...

Me x

Post subject: Re: Hello - newbie here!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:41 pm 

Welcome, Wonderful, to this forum. I believe there are several folks from the UK who are active members here. It sounds like you are ready to address those issues that have troubled you since your teenage years.
There are indeed many things that offer hope to you (and me and the others here). Among them are the tools listed on the left-hand side, such as the four agreements. They require work but they do help retrain your brain amazingly! These can be used with or without a therapist and with or without medication. Your own health professional(s) are the best sources of referral to meds or therapy based on your own specific and personal needs.
Meanwhile, I hope you find good fellowship here as you go through your journey.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:45 pm 

Good to see you here. There is hope. Don't give up. I learned that the hard way. But it makes you feel better about yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:11 am 

Thank you so much for welcoming me. As lonely and sad as it may sound...I just want some support from people who really do understand what I am going through....and if I make some friends along the way....am going to see doctor regarding work tomorrow - filled out a pre employment questionnaire and now they want to know everything. As there's a stigma attached I'm scared of what to elaborate on.....maybe I should start another thread on this actually....