Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm new
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:46 pm 

Hello. This is my first time to a site like this. I was diagnosed with BPD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder about six months ago. I'm searching for support/info. and ran across this site. I'm currently in a bad relationship (who isn't) and dealing with a lot of pain/anxiety/depression. Could use a friend or two.

Thanks,

Annie

Post subject: Re: I'm new
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:17 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Annie, and :welcome

There is much support to be found here. I suggest you begin by looking over some of the recent threads and having a good read-through of the Tool Box, to your upper left on the screen. These tools have really helped me with my recovery!

I was diagnosed also with BPD and GAD, along with Major Depressive Disorder. I think you will find many here who can relate to whatever you are going through and help you find healthier, happier coping mechanisms.

I'm glad you are here and I look forward to getting to know you. If you have something you need to discuss, don't hesitate to begin a thread about it. :D

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

Post subject: Re: I'm new
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:59 pm 

Greetings, Annie, welcome. I am also affected by BPD, anxiety and depression, and I think you'll find that you have a lot in common with folks on this site.
The best part of this site, I find, is the emphasis on recovery and development of coping skills to deal better with negative emotions, thoughts and actions. As Harmonium said, look into the tools section to see what is useful to you.

see you around the board.