Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to the site
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:12 pm 

Hi, I'm mandymax and I've been diagnosed, over the years, with several different things such as depression, agoraphobia, bi polar disorder, OCD and now, BPD. I was sent to a DBT class and didn't understand. I thought my therapist made a mistake... "I don't have this..."

I realize, after facing a total void within and without, that I do need help, I have this disorder and here I am. Unfortunately, I was too self destructive to finish the DBT class and my therapist left the area.

Post subject: Re: New to the site
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:04 pm 

Hi Mandymax,

:welcome

Glad to see you here. There are a lot of tools(on the left) you can get self-started with here, as a step into the direction you'd like to see yourself. Lots of good stuff there, and perusing back on old posts at the board is great, too - Lots of insightful goodies. A lot of times I am dealing with a particular issue and I find some great posts about someone who already went through something similar.

Is finding another T who practices DBT an option for you? If not, maybe think about CBT(cognitive behavioral therapy) - A lot of the ideas here are based on such, and plenty of our members have gone that route because of unavailability in their area or other reasons.

Hope to see you around

Post subject: Re: New to the site
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:13 pm 

Thanks for the welcome Miyasa, much appreciated. I'm waiting for an opening with our local psychiatric office and hopefully will be able to get into another DBT class. Again, thanks for the welcome.