Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:29 pm 

I was diagnosed with BPD a little over a year ago. A year of DBT and a lot of exhausting hard work later, I find that the more problems that I overcome, the more work I still have left to do. I know that this can be beaten and that I will succeed in achieving my goals, but I do believe it is going to be a very long and difficult battle. I have read through some of the tools on this website and they seem potentially very useful. I hope that I can find some friends, some insight and advice, and some much needed support on this site. There is always more to learn, always more to do. Thank you all in advance for whatever you may have to offer. I look forward to meeting you in the future and to learning more about you and myself in the process.

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:16 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hi GiGi, and welcome. I'm glad you think the Tools might help you -- they certainly have been good for me!

It certainly can be true that as soon as we seem to get the handle on one issue, we find some new problem that needs attention. A lot of people liken the whole process to peeling back an onion -- there are layers and layers. But eventually we can get to a point where we can function better on our own and feel some competence and contentment in our lives. It just takes hard work and a LOT of patience.

One day at a time, one step -- no matter how small -- at a time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:54 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Welcome to BPDR GiGi.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:22 am 

Thanks for the welcome! I read the tools on this site long ago, but was too shy to actually try to "talk" on the forums. I have serious anxiety so just being able to "talk" to people online is a huge step for me!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:56 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I'm glad you're giving "talking" a try with us. We typically don't bite unless specifically asked. ;)