Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbe says hello all
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:57 pm 

Hello! Fellow survivors of life's challenges. New here. Lots of skills I have. Been living with this unease and disregulation and isolation all my life. Lotsa work using all those skills. Getting worn down with the fight.... One of my 3 therapists says to slow down...take a vacation from the work. But I'm fighting it 24/7 in order not to utterly disolve into the BOX. Dx'ed with "traits" 16 yrs ago. And currently my BPD stuff has finally raised its serpent head like I couldn"t imagine. Hangin' by a thread. But hey..so nice to be here!

Post subject: Re: Newbe says hello all
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:26 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hi Kathleen, and welcome. Glad you found us.

I understand wanting (needing) to carry on the extreme battle on a daily basis, but sometimes we have a tendency to bite off more than we can chew and try to fix everything at once, and the end result is that we get overwhelmed and we "fail" and we end up farther down the tubes than we were when we started out. I don't know if that might be going on for you, and why your T (three Ts??) might have told you to take a break. (What do the others say?) If that doesn't apply to you, good going. If it does, even some of the time, then try breaking your problems down into smaller and hopefully more manageable bits. Baby steps. And slow and steady wins the race.