Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:23 pm 

My name is Andrea and I'm in America, in the south. I have always had these behavior issues but they have increased over the past several years. I was recently diagnosed over long distance by the psychiatrist employer of a good friend of mine, as there is no one in my area who treats BPD. I'm 37 years old, divorced, dating someone, and have two pre-teens.

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:38 am 

I posted this about a day ago and it didn't show. I wasn't sure if you had to be approved or not or if there was a glitch. I'll try one more time.

My name is Andrea. I'm 37 and divorced. I have been dating someone for 2 years. I am the mother of 2 pre-teens. My ex had mental issues and I think that added to the things that built up this BPD I've been dealing with. I live in America, in the south, and I have no health insurance so going to a doctor is impossible. I went to a counselor last summer and it was helping but 3 months drained my savings account to nothing and he was not licensed to prescribe meds so I always still felt like I was pulling myself out of a dark fog. Hoping to find some others here and not feel like the only one living this way.

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:39 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!

You are definitely not the only one "living this way". I think you will find many on here who relate to your struggles. We do try to focus on relieving the issues, so I also think you will find lots of ways to help yourself even if therapy isn't an option for you at this time.

Check out the tools section on your upper left screen when you get time. They are kinda the foundation for the recovery work we do around here and from personal experience.....they are very valuable tools! I hope using them will help you as much as they have helped me.

I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the board. I look forward to 'talking' with you more! :biggrin

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:56 pm 

hey forstaken... welcome to the forum! I am new also. I hope to learn as much as I can here