Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I am so glad I found this site :)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:55 pm 

Location: wherever there is love, peace and light, you will find me singing!
Hey there! :-)

I was told I might have borderline by a neuropsych a while back but he didn't tell me anything about it. I decided to look into it and it sounds like me!

I have a lot of work to do and I've done a lot already...and I feel like I grow more every day! I'm excited to meet others to grow with as I now know I'm not alone :)

I look forward to meeting others on this journey toward health, healing, and recovery!

Love~

Post subject: Re: I am so glad I found this site :)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:51 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hi there - glad you found us too!

Sorry, but that neuropsych sounds like a bit of a tool to just drop a diagnostic label on ya without giving you any sort of information about it. Then again, I suppose it's a matter of "If you really want to know, you can do the research yourself" kind of thing. Given the nature of borderline, in my experience anyway, if you tell someone "It's ABC" then the automatic reaction is usually one of defensiveness and denial: "No, it's not, it can't be ABC, you're wrong, you don't know me!" So yeah, I guess not delving into it kind of makes sense - less drama all the way around.

What kind of work have you done already? Like a formal program of some sort? Read particular books? Just curious is all ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:14 am 

:welcome Looking forward to getting to know you.

"All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming." - Helen Keller

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:34 am 

Ash wrote:
Hi there - glad you found us too!

Sorry, but that neuropsych sounds like a bit of a tool to just drop a diagnostic label on ya without giving you any sort of information about it. Then again, I suppose it's a matter of "If you really want to know, you can do the research yourself" kind of thing. Given the nature of borderline, in my experience anyway, if you tell someone "It's ABC" then the automatic reaction is usually one of defensiveness and denial: "No, it's not, it can't be ABC, you're wrong, you don't know me!" So yeah, I guess not delving into it kind of makes sense - less drama all the way around.

He also said I was very dependent (which I am...but I'm getting better!!) and I have ADD/ADHD combo. I have also been told I have mild OCD...but it sounds to me like it's not OCD as much as borderline? PTSD definitely. I don't think the labels matter too too much as I'm just wanting to heal and be happy! :) I think he said he didn't want to gicve me that label because of the stigma associated with it.

What kind of work have you done already? Like a formal program of some sort? Read particular books? Just curious is all ...

I have read Louise Hay and her affirmations are helping me to learn to love myself. :) (I'm not such a monster after all! Honest!) ;) I am doing CBT for my anorexia and anxieties and for PTSD. I have a nutritionist for my anorexia. No one has mentioned the BPD to me...so I'm not formally doing any work on it yet. But I've done a lot of work in general (proud of it!) :) Please ask me any questions, I'll let you know if I'm uncomfortable answering something :-)

Thanks for writing...you sound like an upbeat and understanding person :) ((hugs))

love~

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:35 am 

Lirael wrote:
:welcome Looking forward to getting to know you.

Hi Lirael...what a beautiful name! :) I'm looking forward to getting to know you, too. Happy Sunday! ((hugs))

love~