Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:32 pm 

This is what starts the first first step of I hope many. I was diagnosed with BPD and as I read patient accounts I started to cry because I felt like I was not alone. FINALLY I had someone to do this with. My husband is a non-BPD and we are trying to make it work. I have one son, whom I love dearly with all my heart and do NOT want him growing up with a mom that is BPD by choice now that my eyes have been opened. He will just be hurt and confused and my heart twists. I need a network and my therapist and the few books the psychiatrist recommended as help and I also need to help other as I make it further. So I am happy to have found this group and look forward for the help and teaching I can receive here. The dr mentioned short term hospitalization to get me started if I can seem to break the cycle because he knows how important it is to me to break this cycle in me. I want to and need to and DESERVE to live a happy, healthy life.

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:54 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!

I'm glad you have found this site-- it has been instrumental in my own recovery journey and I hope it has the same positive effect on you. It IS nice knowing others out there have dealt with this too-- as well as the many with very 'normal' lives in current life.

I'm also married to a non, though no children (yet!). I do know that it can complicate things at first (at least for me) but if the communication is good between you two......well, my marriage is going strong 3 years post diagnosis. I found that the more my H saw me working towards recovery, even when I would slip, the easier this process was on both of us.

You definitely DESERVE to have a happy, healthy life. I look forward to speaking with you again! :biggrin

Harmonium

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra