Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:03 pm 

Hi,
I am 22 years old, I've been struggling with various forms of mental health issues for about 8 years now. I have finally tried to take responsibility for myself and my recovery.
I am not sure if I have BPD. I had never considered the possibility, but it was suggested that I might have it and as I've been reading the symptoms and experiences of people online I do see a lot of similar feelings and experiences.

I have dealt with eating disorder issues since about 2002 and self harm and depression just about as long.

Lately I have been feeling very suicidal and lost. I hate to admit that I've lost hope for a brighter future, but that is the place that I find myself today. The only comfort I can take in my situation at this time is that I know how hurt my family and friends would be if something were to happen to me, it has forced me to only think of suicide in a passive way which I hope it will stay that way.

Thanks so much for reading, I really hope it is okie that I am here.

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:50 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sure it's okay that you are here-- we are glad to *meet you! Welcome! :biggrin

No need for an official diagnosis. The focus around here is on recovery from mental illness-- mostly BPD, but a diagnosis is not required. We just try to help each other find better ways of coping; to find healthy, happy living. The tool section on your upper left screen is a great place to begin.

As for the depression and suicidal thoughts.......many of us have been in your shoes. For me personally, choosing to really live my life (rather than ending it) was the best decision I ever made. I try to remember that it's one choice that can never be undone. I hope this site can help you like it has helped me with suicidal thoughts. There IS hope!

I just wanted to say hello and welcome you to BPDR. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Harmonium

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:40 am 

Hi,
Thanks so much for the welcome.