Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:15 pm 

I don't know for sure that I have BPD, but after a disastrous visit with a friend of mine, I felt sure that what is wrong with me is much more than just depression and anxiety. I have done a lot of research on BPD and realized that it seems to describe me exactly. I am scared and don't know what to do. I am 43 years old and have exhibited the symptoms of this condition for as long as I remember -back to the intense feelings of abandonment I felt as a child. I am going to bring up this research the next time I see my psychiatrist, but feel like I have been thrown yet another curveball. I thought my meds would do it for me, but I still have the issues. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello...
Emily

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:56 pm 

Hi Emily,

Glad you found this site. :-)

-tl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:11 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello and WELCOME to BPDR!! :biggrin

It's doesn't matter if you are diagnosed with BPD or not to use this site as a way find your path towards happy, healthy living. The tools and the people on here can help. I would talk to your doc about it, but remember BPD is a really difficult diagnosis to make-- it looks like many other mental health issues and also can overlap with other disorders so it's important that the docs are the ones to diagnose. And remember, depression and anxiety can be pretty debilitating in and of themselves sometimes-- they certainly were for me (diagnosed with GAD, MDD and BPD but now I'm clear of all MH diagnosis).

Anyway, feel free to just jump in around here. We're happy to be getting to know you. Please ask if you have any questions, otherwise just post when and where you see fit. The tool section on your upper left has some really great ways of combating some of our issues-- they can really help. You can beat all of this, but it does take some time and real effort. We'll be here to help you along the way.

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:56 pm 

Hi Emily, Recently landed here myself. Welcome! I do know what you mean about abandonement issues. Meds help but I do some circular thinking at times that is nonproductive and gets me in trouble with the people I care about most.