Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: (My Long Intro)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:58 pm 

Heylo,

It's Bewilderness here, glad to be a member of a forum again.

Lately I've been feeling like I'm going through an emotional blender, so its hard to really isolate what's actually going on.

I've read a few of the posts my people here and I feel really strongly that I can relate to the same kind of logic and emotion. My diagnosis is "major depressive disorder," and I kind of feel that maybe that makes me different from the majority of people here. I'm rather hoping though that I can force myself to see beyond the differences, wherever they may be. After all, sharing a set of symptoms does not mean we also share all other aspects of ourselves, our lives. And yet, somehow the advice, the support, transcends the situational differences.

I've been really frustrated with the lack of benefit I've gotten from conventional treatments of depression, and so, part of the reason I'm here is... by trying to see if the reason I'm not getting "better" is (in part) because I'm not being treated for the right "illness"... I've stumbled across DBT and the borderline personality and am hoping (beyond hope) that I can glean some sort of benefit from understanding it and trying out some of the techniques for dealing with it. (Though at the same time I'm almost completely without hope.)

I mean, superficially, there's a lot I could complain about (my leg being out-of-service, or my problems in relationships) ...but I feel like that stuff is unimportant when compared to the fact that I frequently just don't know how to deal with life without feeling completely drained and frustrated and oftentimes making those who care about me feel the same way.

Anyway, that's my story.

Peace,

Bewild

Post subject: Re: (My Long Intro)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:54 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi BeWild and WELCOME to BPDR!!

FWIW, I was diagnosed with MDD along with BPD and GAD. I'm of the opinion that the diagnosis doesn't matter so much as the recovery and willingness to recover. I know at least for me and my MDD, the tools and people here have really helped. The tool box is on your upper left screen and I think they applies for any mental health issue, not just BPD.

Anyway, I just wanted to welcome you and say hello. I hope you like it here and find it helpful for you. If you have any questions, please ask!

H

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra