Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Real answers required to real questions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:52 am 

Hi just found this site, joined and am hoping to have support. I am divorced, living on my own (as my childrend are grown up) and I was diagnosed 10 yrs ago. Over the last ten years, I have experienced much stigma, discrimination and hardship. These experiences have covered my personal relationships, work and community interactions. I am now at uni and trying to understand myself and the world around me. I have gained some insight but still fear for my future, as my economic and social areas are extremely limited. Hence, accommodation has been a major factor as I rent and can't afford too many options. Due to my health I find I cannot live with anyone else and therefore have to rent on my own. I have had a relationship which has undergone many starts and stops of which we became engaged recently, but not very long after I called it off as I sometimes feel I can't be loved and I will be abandoned and/or cheated on. This leads me to a pressing problem and my questions are as follows: Can people with BPD have a successful long term loving relationship? And if so, how and when would they know they could embark on a relationship? What measures would need to be put into place to help your partner cope with their BPD partner? What additional resources (apart from this site) could the BPD person utilise to improve. Sorry lots of questions, but I feel like I am evaluating my chances of having a happy life, and whether it is worth the trouble.
I look forward to hearing both positive and negative views for my evaluation. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Real answers required to real questions
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:54 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

kricket wrote:
Can people with BPD have a successful long term loving relationship? And if so, how and when would they know they could embark on a relationship? What measures would need to be put into place to help your partner cope with their BPD partner?

Hi, I'm pretty new around here too, and I have the same questions as I just started on the road to recovery...