Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi - I Hope I'm in the Right Place
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:35 am 

I am married to a wonderful man; passionate about life and full of so many wondrous ideas and an unbridled imagination. Our life together is a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs - exhilarating and wondrous in so many ways - but exaggerated and so very dark at times. We have been doing research on BPD and he just recently admitted he had been diagnosed with it several years ago before we became a couple. We are determined to work through this together ... I'm trying to help and support him, but find it very confusing at times. I need a safe place to talk and gather insight and support for my at times conflicted feelings. I will show him this site, but only after I have observed for awhile. I have seen him hurt too many times by lack of response to his pleas for help... he deserves better than that. The last few forums I have posted on have yielded little response and little help for me ... so I am testing this one out... for myself and for him. We have been married for nearly 9 years now ... and have raised five children. Still have 2 of them here. They do not know about his diagnosis, just that he has a mood disorder that affects his behaviour at times.
Do you have a forum simply for loved ones trying to help with tips and support?

Post subject: Re: Hi - I Hope I'm in the Right Place
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:51 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hi maidenofknight,

We don't have a forum simply for loved ones. This site is for people to work on themselves using the tools. If you are interested in doing that, you are welcome here.

The forum is quiet at the moment, so there are not so many replies as there might have been in the past. You will probably get more replies if you post with more specific questions in one of the other sections.