Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: here's looking at me!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:57 pm 

hello,
i really don't know how to begin this hopefully positive experience -- this is my first time reaching out online; at this time computers frustrate me; i know that handicap will pass -- just discharged from the mental hospital here in San Francisco and discovered that i have been diagnosed with emotion dysregulation (aka, borderline personality disorder) -- i have known that i had PTSD for many years but the BPD is new information -- it all fits: after an unpleasant event or trauma i fall apart and soon after want to die -- i start a partial hospitalization program this week and i am looking forward to the experience giving me time to examine my thoughts and feel better -- enough so that i can continue doing the creative things that i enjoy and have a passion for and actually need in order to stay alive

thanks for reading this short intro -- oh yes! just got married 2 months ago to my best friend of 23 years

Post subject: Re: here's looking at me!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:55 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Welcome, notagain, and congrats on your marriage! Your spouse must be someone pretty special to have known you through some rough times and still stick with you and be your best friend. I'm divorced (27 yrs of marriage, was hospitalized twice as we separated), don't really want to remarry but would LOVE to have a best friend.

It's hard to figure out the diagnosis and what it means -- if it seems to fit, that's all that's important. Ignore the label and concentrate on the specific problems and what you might be able to do to make things better. Check out our Tools in the box on the left for some helpful tactics. Don't worry about being computer-savvy -- I'm most definitely not, but for stuff like this it's invaluable, because you can reach out to people way more easily than you can in "real life."

Glad you found us!

Post subject: Re: here's looking at me!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:23 pm 

notagain wrote:
hello,
i really don't know how to begin this hopefully positive experience -- this is my first time reaching out online; at this time computers frustrate me; i know that handicap will pass -- just discharged from the mental hospital here in San Francisco and discovered that i have been diagnosed with emotion dysregulation (aka, borderline personality disorder) -- i have known that i had PTSD for many years but the BPD is new information -- it all fits: after an unpleasant event or trauma i fall apart and soon after want to die -- i start a partial hospitalization program this week and i am looking forward to the experience giving me time to examine my thoughts and feel better -- enough so that i can continue doing the creative things that i enjoy and have a passion for and actually need in order to stay alive

thanks for reading this short intro -- oh yes! just got married 2 months ago to my best friend of 23 years

i fall apart and soon after want to die - exactly

I am not a professional but to me you sound like a person that's going to make it :o)

Congrats for marrying your best friend!

Last edited by Trinity on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edited to fix BBCode