Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lost and Confused
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:01 am 

Hello, I am 31yrs old and I have 3 kids. I seperated from my husband just over a month ago, I have BPD and I hate it.
My husband and I have been talking and trying to work things out.
Apparently I got told yesterday I am making our friends uncomfortable by asking them to pass messages on to him. I had no way of contacting him as he wont give me his new mobile number and he wasn't on the internet.
I feel I can't talk to my friends anymore without saying anything wrong.
I was meant to have a party at my house this weekend and I have now cancelled it. I just want to hide away in my house and not go anywhere. I don't want to talk to anyone or be near anyone as I don't want to make them feel uncomfortable.
I wont be seeing my new psychologist till the 3nd of December, it took over a week to get a hold of her to get an appointment which I sort of needed it then not a month later.
I feel so lost and confused and I have lost all hope and faith.
The on person I could ever talk to was my mum and she died 2yrs ago from cancer. Sometimes I just want to join her and end it all. End the pain. Free all my family and friends from my pain and nuttyness.

I need help and I really need it now, but I just don't know who to turn too or where to go.

Post subject: Re: Lost and Confused
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:46 am 

Dear Jodster,

Welcome to the board! I'm sorry to hear what a rough time you're having and I hope things turn around for you in time. Hang in there!

I can imagine it was very difficult to hear that criticism about your attempts to communicate with your husband through your friends. I imagine you felt very hurt by that, but also possibly felt regret later about having responded by canceling the party.

The important thing, I think, would be to remember that those feelings are okay, but that the fact that you feel so badly is probably a sign that your thinking is probably unrealistic (see ten forms of twisted thinking).

As far as BPD in general, this site, the tools on the left, and http://www.dbtselfhelp.com/index.html are both great resources to get you started on your journey of recovery. I'm currently taking a DBT skills group and its pretty informative. As I said, hang in there.

As far as therapy, I would suggest you ask about DBT and mention that ideally you'd like to work with someone a bit more available in terms of time and accessibility. Your therapist should be able to give you a reference.

Take care,

-BeWild

Be wild: accept it as it is, for its a bewilderness out there!