Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lonely Ghosts
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:17 am 

So, first things first :)

Greetings, my name is Lissie. I am twenty three years old, white, female, middle class, recently moved cross country, returning college student with a full time job, and a nice house and fiance. I am researching computer science but I may switch to a math-based program. I am a published writer of short stories and poems. No kids, will never have any but may adopt. I was raised off and on by my grandparents (wonderful, loving, supportive) when my mother or father( both never married, both VERY mentally unsound) didn't have me. Non drinker, don't smoke. Smart kid, good grades, funny, creative, scholarship winner. Twelve years in choir and state choir. MENSA member and Americorps member. School Athiests and LGBT ally representitive. I got my first job when I was 14 and provided health insurance and living expenses for myself from ages 14-18. Now adult on her own!

I am also dyslexic/adhd. I have PTSD/bipolar/bpd and I am on the schitzoaffective spectrum for past psychotic episodes. I am medicated daily, heavily, and I may be part of a PTSD research study. I have OCD and "shred" my hands, feet, cuticles and gums. I used to be a compulsive liar so everything you just read and will maybe continue to read is true, but paradoxically, subject to objective doubt.

After a rocky college experience and a year in Americorps I decided to move across the country to start over. Basically, home wasn't helping. Although I love my grandparents, my home town was also full of painful memories and people. I want to concentrate on my own life, career, and home. Mental health wasn't exactly encouraged in my family if it took place outside the realm of religion.

I'm here because I want to talk and meet new people, and why I'm hoping to stay is because I have gotten a good feeling from this forum.

Good luck everyone!

Post subject: Re: Lonely Ghosts
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:37 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Dear Lissimon,
Welcome here :)

It sounds to me like you have A LOT of GOOD THINGS going on for you :)
It's good that you decided to move, in order to focus on your health.
Happy browsing around this place and discovering things useful for your own recovery :)

Once again, welcome :)