Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yet another newbie!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:03 am 

Morning, all. My name here is sparrow, that will do for now. I was diagnosed with bpd almost three years ago. My family was involved with cps at the time. I found out through an evaluation that they had ordered. The court ordered counselor I was seeing didn't push treatment for my bdp (I later found out that she believed the people with bpd are broken and can not get better!). I didn't start getting real treatment until my husband and I separated 6 months later.

I've been in recovery for three years now. I've learned a lot about myself, my diagnoses (bpd, depression and anxiety) and how my past and present have shaped me. I'm still in treatment and always will be. It's tough. Living with bpd is a struggle. I thank God that I have a few people in my life who are supportive and compassionate. My husband now being one of them. We're working on our marriage, still separated, but becoming friends. (A miracle, nothing less.)

I'm here because I want to connect more with others who struggle with bpd. I hope to be able to gain some more insight into what goes on in my head. And who knows, maybe I can help someone else get some insight into their own minds.

sparrow

Post subject: Re: Yet another newbie!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:54 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

hi sparrow,
Welcome onboard :)
Kudos to you for taking the step into your recovery. And I'm happy to hear that your husband is one of them who's with you, sounds like there's hope for your marriage! :)

Yeah, living with bpd is a struggle but we'll make it!