Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New... Hello
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:53 am 

I've just recently been 'diagnosed' with BPD... Well maybe not officially but my therapist has instructed me to research bp... She has been very subtle about it maybe not wanting to scare me away. Well anyway what I've read so far convinces me that this is what I am and have been dealing with for most of my life... And I'm still young... 26 so happy I am learning this now. I am on board to learn and change. Anyone else feel like nonBP think all with BPD don't want to get help and feel better? It's not like we are all the same exact people just because we suffer from this illness. Anyway here are my thoughts and my hello everyone! Excited to learn and change anything that needs adjusted! Positive attitude today. Not always the case! But working on it!

Post subject: Re: New... Hello
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:39 pm 

Hi Imlostinblue,
We are around the same age (I am turning 27 in a few weeks)... I have just joined this forum as well.

Yes, it is good u found out u have BPD and can do something about it, I am only coming to grips with this now after being in denial for a year and a half :/ I hope we both can get support and direction here - I am hoping to get as well as possible.

Wishing you the best in your recovery :biggrin ,

Angiemama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:57 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

angiemama and i'mlostinblue,
welcome :)

I'm around the same age too, turning 28 june this year.

yeah pick up some tools and learn to practice them :)

welcome onboard :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:56 am 

angiemama

I have been in denial about dealing with whatever it is that I need to deal with since I was 23...just now am I dealing with this...I can understand why you didn't want to deal with it earlier. It's like you think you should be able to just feel better...just tell yourself to feel better and you will... but unfortunately we are really dealing with a serious illness and it will take lots of hard work and a lot of patience,support and understanding from ourselves and others around us. Let's admit it all 3 of those are really hard for us to give to ourselves...My friend reminds me that I have to be ready to deal with this in order for the healing to come... we have to be ready because it is hard work. Keep fighting and working hard for your family and for yourself!

meremortal

Thanks for the welcome! Sounds like you and I have similar feelings about things....I found an old post of yours in the Deep Blue forum.... feels nice to have people here that understand.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:53 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

imlostinblue wrote:
angiemama

My friend reminds me that I have to be ready to deal with this in order for the healing to come... sounds like you have good friends who are sticking by you. Happy for you :)
meremortal

Thanks for the welcome! Sounds like you and I have similar feelings about things....I found an old post of yours in the Deep Blue forum.... feels nice to have people here that understand.yeah it's really, really nice to have people here that actually understand what we are saying and how we are feeling :)