Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: hi there
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:23 pm 

I have browsed the posts and wanted to introduce myself before I join the conversation. I was diagnosed 7 years ago after I was hospitalized and did the MMPI test (I'm sorry I don't remember exactly what it was called). They said I was "off the charts" in the borderline category. Hm. I have done DBT, which was a life saver. I have also had individual therapy, which usually gets too difficult and I stop. My current psychiatrist treats me for bipolar 2 disorder. It has been a year since my last hospitalization, and I think that I have made big strides in the last year. I really feel like I'm recovering from bpd! My biggest problem is still raging and self injury, usually in the privacy of my apartment. I have been hurting my hands and toes and feet a lot lately hitting and kicking things. I've identified these issues (rage and self harm) as my main issues for improvement. I found this site last last weekend, and I was very impressed with the "Four Agreements" I know that if I start putting those into practice my life will have some more center and serenity to it. I could use that! Oh, personally I'm divorced and have been in a long term relationship with a guy who is enough like me that we never decide to get serious. I work full time and I'm hoping to change jobs soon, since I pretty much hate it... I just turned 34. Look forward to meeting you guys!

Post subject: Re: hi there
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:04 am 

Hi! I just wanted to welcome you and let you know what a great place this is. I hope that you like it here too.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:04 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Welcome aboard, Adair! Glad to have you here. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:21 pm 

Thank you guys!