Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scared to death
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm 

Hi everyone.

I'm here because I think I might have or be BPD. I'm not sure since no one else has told me I am, nor have I been clinically evaluated. I'm so scared right now. Everything I read about having BPD or being BPD makes it sound like we are the biggest monsters in the world. I don't know what to do honestly.
I hope that the information here will help me be a better person. I don't want to be a monster.

Thank you for listening/reading.

Post subject: Re: Scared to death
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:03 am 

You are a human being not a monster. When people are scared of something and do not think that they have the answers they tend to demonize it. Try not to do that to yourself. No one is perfect. We all have character defects to work on.

Post subject: Re: Scared to death
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:13 am 
Hi Calendula-

:welcome

Is there a chance you ran across a 'non'( a place for those who have/had a relationship with someone who has BPD, who does not have BPD themselves) forum? I remember making this innocent mistake when I first started researching BPD on the internet. I felt like I ran into the fire pits.

Keep in mind that what you read is about that person's reality - Their experience, their perceptions. It's no secret that BPD behaviors can really bring pain to those who are close to us. This is about their pain. Their experience. I'll take the time now to introduce you to the Four Agreements - http://www.bpdrecovery.com/FourAgreements

DON'T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY

Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

And recovery is possible. Yes, you will run across information that says otherwise. But you make the choice to rise above it and place your faith in the fact that if you commit yourself to the bumpy and not going to lie, long road to recovery, truly work diligently on yourself and utilize your treatment(in whatever form you're taking it - therapy, alone with your books and journals, etc) - You WILL make changes. You WILL discover what happy, healthy living means.