Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to the forums
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:58 pm 

Hello. My name is Niki. I'm 29. I've been diagnosed with BPD and psychotic disorder since I was 26. I go to a free clinic where no one talks to each other. My doctor sees me once every 3 months and usually puts me down in some way. My therapist sees me once a month, sometimes more and is actually pretty nice but we don't really tackle anything. It's basically talking about what happened in the last month. The nurse is okay, she goes by what my doctor says I need medication-wise.

I'm on Trazadone, Trillaphone and Prozac. I'm still experiencing symptoms of both BPD and my psychotic disorder. They've raised my dosage once.

I'm engaged to a wonderful man but not too long ago, he was having a hard time dealing with my mental illness. I almost lost him. He thinks it's easy to control impulses and stay focused. I try to tell him how difficult it is but he just doesn't understand it.

I'm been in denial about it for a while, but I've decided to get some support finally.

So, hello!

Post subject: Re: New to the forums
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:06 am 

Are you able to afford anything other than the free clinic? If so, check out the resources section of this site. There is good help available.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:03 pm 

ReneePA wrote:
Are you able to afford anything other than the free clinic? If so, check out the resources section of this site. There is good help available.

Sadly, no. I can't work because of physical problems and am waiting for the decision to get disability and we're depending on my fiance's income. I want to find a new place to go, though, when i can.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:08 pm 

I would highly recommend a twelve step program. It pretty much works on any character defect/behavior if one is truly open to it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:45 pm 

ReneePA wrote:
I would highly recommend a twelve step program. It pretty much works on any character defect/behavior if one is truly open to it.

Thanks for that. I'd have never thought of it.