Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi, and I might have BPD
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:51 pm 

I was in a relationship about 10 years ago with someone whom I now suspect has BPD, I left that relationship. I'm currently married but seperated from my husband who has been diagnosed with BPD. There was a relationship in-between, where I found that I was very conflicted about the way I acted. When he abandoned me while I was expecting his child, for another woman, I felt very depressed, and had suicidal thoughts. There are many other things, layers upon layers, and abandonment issues. All is much better now, even though my husband and I are at odds, it's not as serious, for either of us, as some of my past experiences. I joined a online support forum for loved ones of people with BPD, and related to a lot of the experiences that the people had in their relationships. But some of the behavior rang a bell in a different way. I was very disturbed when I felt like I had acted in some of the ways those peoples family members had. I'm wondering if I might have BPD.

I have been diagnosed by qEEG with ADHD. I was seeing a therapist for the first part of this year but didn't feel like the therapist and I were a good match. I've now made contact with another mental health professional and have an appointment to be evaluated and hopefully gain some more insight. Whether or not I have it, I know that I'm not mentally/emotionally healthy, and it is my goal to become those things, and in effect a whole person.

As of now, I'm checking things out here, hoping to gain some insight and self-awareness. It troubles me to think of what I've been through in my relationships with people w/BPD, and even more troubling to think I've put my family, friends, and significant others through the same.

Post subject: Re: Hi, and I might have BPD
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:50 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hi Ali, and welcome to BPDR!

The good news is that a diagnosis of BPD is not required to hang out here. The only "requirement" we have is that we each stay focused on our own healthy, happy living. As long as we're focused on improving ourselves rather than trying to fix or change someone else, the Tools and Community here at BPDR are of great help.

Welcome aboard!

Post subject: Re: Hi, and I might have BPD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:01 am 
Community Member
Community Member

hey welcome :)