Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello Again
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:25 pm 

I'm shiny and new here but unfortunately not new to BPD or the mainstream psych system. I'm glad I found you, I'm in a year long crisis worse than any before, and I hardly leave the flat. I'm hoping I can find some recovery support here and in time contribute to other's recoveries. Where do I start, is it best to have the handbook? Good to meet you all. I'm here in England....

Post subject: Re: Hello Again
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:07 pm 

Hello and welcome.

I too am new here.

I think a good place to start is with th CBT steps that are listed in the top left side of every page. You checked those out yet?

Take it easy.

Peaces,
Stranjer

Post subject: Re: Hello Again
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:53 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Hi and welcome to both of you -- glad you found us.

Yes, the Tools (in the box on the left) are a great way to start. It takes some dedication and practice to make them part of your normal, everyday life, but they can bring huge benefits.

I know it can be frustrating to deal with doctors and therapists, and probably doubly so in the UK, but I hope you won't turn your back on mainstream medicine altogether. There are good docs and therapists out there, and it can be very difficult to work through the roots of BPD and find lasting solutions on your own. So if your first effort or two aren't successful, or haven't been in the past, keep trying to find a good "fit" with people who can be helpful and supportive.